All 32 Fluorescent lighting units at the new CSS offices have been replaced with LED units in order to save electricity, cut down on waste and to give a brighter natural light. In total this removes 128 fluorescent tubes from the office. This should assist considerably in the certification to ISO14001:2015.
- Provides light without flicker or glare
- Saves up to 80% on electricity bills
- More durable than incandescent bulbs
- Cool to the touch - reduces fire risks
- No UV or infrared light emitted
- No hazardous mercury components
Other improvements made at the new premises include but are not limited to.
- Power meter installed so that our daily / monthly electricity usage can be monitored.
- Auto lighting Sensors, turns the lights on and off in the various sections of the office if there is no activity. Also turns all lights off when the last person leaves.
- Filters on the mains water so that we now have bottled water on tap. Saves purchasing the 18.9ltr returnable bottles and so cuts down on the Carbon footprint for delivery.